WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging apps in the world with millions ofdaily active users. Indeed, this platform offers a multitude of features to facilitate communication between people. However, it happens that certain information is voluntarily hidden by your contacts, such as the last time they logged in. In this article, we reveal a trick that will let you know when a contact last logged in on WhatsApp, even if this information is normally hidden.
Why do some contacts hide their last connection?
Before going into the details of the trick, it is important to understand why some of your contacts would decide to hide this information. The reasons can be varied:
- Privacy concerns: They just want to maintain their privacy and prevent other people from being able to track their whereabouts on the app.
- Avoid being bullied: Some people may be harassed or hassled by other contacts asking how often they use WhatsApp.
- Manage expectations: By hiding their last connection, they also avoid creating expectations in their contacts about their availability to respond to messages.
To hide this information, users can go to WhatsApp’s privacy settings and choose who can see their last login: “Everyone”, “My contacts” or “No one”.
The trick to know the last connection of a hidden contact
Despite these privacy options offered by WhatsApp, there is a trick to circumvent this and know the last connection of a contact even if it is hidden. Here’s how:
Step 1: Create a group with your contact
First, you need to create a new group on WhatsApp including only yourself and the contact whose last login you want to know. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and tap the pencil icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select “New group”.
- Add the relevant contact and give the group a name.
- Validate the creation of the group by pressing the green button located at the top right of the screen.
Note that you can also add other contacts if you want to know the last connection of several people.
Step 2: Send a message in the group
Once the group is created, simply write a message in this group and wait for your contact to read it. Indeed, when your contact has read the message, you will be able to see the time at which it was seen below the message. It is then the your contact’s last logineven if it is hidden in his profile.
Step 3: Delete the group (optional)
After getting the information you want, you can decide to delete the group if you wish. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the group and tap the name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to “Delete group” and confirm your choice.
Note that this trick only works if the contact in question doesn’t also disable read receipts for messages. In this case, you won’t see the time he read the message.
Respect user privacy
Although this tip can be useful in certain situations, it is essential to respect the private life from other WhatsApp users. If someone chooses to hide their last login, there’s probably a good reason behind it. Thus, it is important to always keep in mind the principles of ethics and respect before using this method.
Finally, remember that communication is key in any relationship. If you have any concerns or questions about a contact’s use of WhatsApp, it’s always best to discuss them openly with them rather than trying to circumvent the app’s privacy settings.