WhatsApp, the popular instant messaging app, recently announced that it is now possible to use the same account on multiple phones. This long-awaited feature improves the user experience and makes it easier to manage their conversations from different devices.
The great novelty brought by WhatsApp
Rolling out this new feature will allow users to use their WhatsApp account on up to four devices at the same time, including several smartphones. Previously, it was only possible to use the application on a single phone, tablet or computer via a web browser. With this update, each connected phone works independently while synchronizing messages and media between them.
The benefits of multi-device
- Access your conversations from several phones without having to disconnect from one to connect to the other.
- Synchronize messages and media between phones, allowing a conversation to continue where you left off.
- Have access to a better user experience thanks to the possibility of using different applications or services on different devices.
How to enable multi-device feature on WhatsApp?
To take advantage of this new feature, it is necessary to have the latest version of the WhatsApp application on all the phones that you want to use. Here’s how:
1. Update WhatsApp
Check that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on each of your telephones. If not, go to Google Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS) and update the app.
2. Enable multi-device
- Open the WhatsApp application on your main phone (the one where your account is already connected).
- Go to “Settings” > “Paired devices”.
- Click on “Add another device”.
- Scan the QR code that appears using the secondary device where you want to add your WhatsApp account.
- Once the QR code is scanned, follow the instructions to complete the setup.
3. Manage and disconnect paired devices
To manage the devices you use WhatsApp on or to sign out of a device, go to app settings again, then go to “Associated devices”. There you will find the list of phones connected to your account, as well as the possibility of disconnecting them.
Security and privacy with multi-device
Messages sent and received on WhatsApp are always end-to-end encrypted, even when you use multiple phones to access your account. WhatsApp has ensured that users’ level of privacy and security is not compromised with this new feature. It is therefore possible to use several smartphones without fearing for the security of its data.
The ability to use WhatsApp on multiple phones is a major breakthrough for the instant messaging app. This feature allows users to take full advantage of their different devices without having to worry about manually transferring their conversations or disconnecting from one to access the other. If you want to try cross-device on WhatsApp, just follow the steps in this article and enjoy this new experience!