Tired of stubborn coffee stains dulling your pretty cups and saucers? You are not alone in having this problem. Fortunately, there are simple and effective solutions to give a new shine to your dishes. In this article, we reveal some tips for getting rid of coffee stains on dishes.
Clean with ice cubes
The cold is a valuable ally in fighting coffee stains. Here’s how:
- Put a few ice cubes in the relevant cup or container.
- Add cold water to cover the ice cubes.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Then empty the cup or container and wipe it with a clean cloth.
Thanks to the thermal shock caused by the ice cubes, the coffee stains should come off more easily.
This common ingredient in your kitchen can also help you get rid of coffee stains. Follow these steps:
- Generously sprinkle salt on the coffee stain.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Gently rub the stain with a damp sponge or clean cloth.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
The salt acts as a mild abrasive that helps remove stains without scratching your dishes.
Baking soda for flawless results
This versatile product can be used to clean many surfaces, including your coffee-stained dishes. Here’s how:
- Mix baking soda with a little water to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the coffee stains using a small brush (an old toothbrush is ideal).
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Gently rub the stains with the brush, then rinse and dry the dishes.
Baking soda acts as a natural bleaching agent that effectively removes coffee stains.
The benefits of white vinegar
White vinegar is also an effective solution against coffee stains on dishes. Follow these simple steps:
- Mix one part white vinegar with two parts lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Dip a clean cloth in this mixture and rub the coffee stains on the dishes.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes, then rinse and dry the dishes.
In addition to removing stains, white vinegar disinfects and degreases your dishes.
Clean with toothpaste
Toothpaste is another nifty solution for cleaning coffee stains. Here’s how to go about it:
- Apply a little toothpaste to a clean, damp toothbrush.
- Gently scrub the coffee stain with the brush.
- Rinse and dry the dishes.
Thanks to the whitening agents in the toothpaste, the coffee stains should be gone in no time.
Prevention of coffee stains
To prevent coffee stains from becoming encrusted on your dishes, here are some tips to follow:
- Immediately rinse your cup or saucer after drinking your coffee.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe up any drops of coffee that fall on your dishes.
- Avoid using metal utensils to stir your coffee, as they can cause scratches where stains can set in.
- Opt for porcelain or ceramic cups and saucers, which are less likely to stain than those made of glass or plastic.
By following these tips and the tricks presented in this article, you should be able to remove coffee stains from your dishes and keep them spotless for longer.