In our daily life, the smart phone has become an indispensable tool for communicating, working and having fun. However, it is necessary to take care of this device to get the best possible performance from it. One of the simplest and most effective tips for optimize its operation is to restart it regularly.
Why restart your smartphone?
Indeed, some technical problems can be solved simply by turning the device off and then on again. This pause allows the operating system to reset certain data and free up random access memory (RAM).
Automatic app updates are frequent and sometimes they require a restart of the phone to install properly. By restarting your smartphone, you ensure that all applications work with the latest versions available and thus avoid malfunctions or bugs.
Improved speed and stability
A regular restart also helps improve the speed and stability of your smartphone. As they are used, applications consume random access memory (RAM) which can cause slowdowns. Restarting frees up this memory, allowing the operating system to run faster and more stably.
Another benefit of frequent restarting is the optimization of battery life. This is because some apps may continue to run in the background and consume power even when you are not using them. Restarting interrupts these processes and limits their impact on the battery.
How often to restart?
There is no strict rule regarding how often you need to restart your smartphone. This will depend on your personal use and the technical skills you have. However, here are some suggestions for establishing a suitable routine:
- Once a week : If you are a heavy user of your phone, with many applications installed and in the background, it is recommended to restart your smartphone at least once a week to optimize its performance.
- Twice a month : For more moderate usage, restarting your device twice a month should be enough to maintain good performance.
- After installing an update: Following the installation of a new version of an application or a system patch, it is best to restart your phone to ensure that the changes are taken into account.
How to restart your smartphone?
The steps to restart a smartphone vary depending on the models and operating systems. Here are some general tips:
For Android smartphones:
- Long press the power button on the side of the phone.
- In the menu that appears, select the option “Restart” or “Shut down”. If you choose the latter, wait about ten seconds before turning the phone back on by pressing the power button again.
- On models with a Home button, press and hold the Power button and the Home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- On models without a Home button, simultaneously press and hold the power button and either volume button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
By following these recommendations, you are helping to improve the performance and lifespan of your smartphone. A simple and effective routine to make the most of this essential tool in our daily lives.